Wednesday, November 13, 2013

When I think about this, I think about that

                        This week has been unfortunate for me. My problems may be                                          petty some, but to me they have made my week just plain, crappy.


This post is about my problems comparitively.

When I got a no seat belt ticket this week, I was so upset. But, at least I have a vehicle to get a ticket in.

Thinking about my ticket, I remember the family that told me that they have two tickets for holding signs up for help because they are homeless. Then, I realize, my problems aren't so bad. I bet they would trade with me. I should feel grateful.

As I felt severly angry and sad because I dropped my phone in water today, it also did a huge bang and shatter on it's way into the water. I have cried so much about it. I mean, my phone is the gateway to almost every thing I do. Take pictures, instagram, miles of smiles project, facebook, PayPal account, ect.                    

When I think about this, I also think about the people who don't have nice phones like mine to drop. Their are people who are actually going without food and I'm crying about a phone.

When I think about how cold it is sleeping by a dreary window at night now, I remember all of the sweet people I have met on the streets who are sleeping directly in this cold.

I get aggrivated because I have to open my passenger door to my truck to open the driver's side. Well, their are plenty of people who don't even have a vehicle.

When I sit on my couch and get annoyed because it isn't up to par, really it isn't, it's broken in. I have to remember the people who are sitting on sidewalks, and sleeping on them as well.

Oh no, their is NOTHING to watch on T.V, okay, some people don't get the luxery of having one of those. So, I can settle for watching one of the 1000 channels that we do have.

Let's think about our problems and remember it could always be worse. We are more fortunate than others and with what Amber and I work so hard on doing with our "Miles of Smiles" project, this will be remembered.

                                                Be grateful for what you DO have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment