Friday, October 18, 2013

October small hand outs.

This is C.J., a homeless man in Garland T.X. I noticed he was walking in the rain, with all of his belongings on him. I was unsure he was homeless, but knew for sure he needed an umbrella. So, with the two $0.99 umbrellas I picked up that day (Oct 14, 2013), I made small talk and handed him one. As I listened to his story I learned that he is infact, homeless. C.J's story- C.J. has severe R.A. in his hands, which makes it very hard for him to work. His hands are deformed. He has also been diagnosed with mental disorders, such as bipolar. In which has caused him to act out at work and jump from job to job in the past. He wants people to know that just because someone is homeless doesn't mean that they are bad or dangerous. -Miles of Smiles. 

This is Kurk. A homeless man in Dallas T.X. I met him on October 16, 2013 just off of 635. It was a cold rainy day and he was holding a card board sign for help for food. I put my hazards on and rolled down my window, waving cars to go around mine. As I handed him a hot coffee and hoody (pre owned) to get warm, a few smokes and a lighter, he was grateful and kept on saying "Thank you and God bless you" Kurk is a nice man who was just wanting a small conversation with someone. -Miles of Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment